Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My new office!

Oh, I have moved to the new facility! The new premise is alot bigger than the old one and I also have my own cubicle! But the sucky thing is the strategic position of it! My back is facing the entrance of the cubicle so that meant everyone that walks past can see what I am doing. And that makes msning difficult!! Haha. And another super sianz thing is that its in the middle of the desert! I know Dubai is a desert so its kinda of an irony but at least the old premise is in the populated area of the industrial area! Now, there are no neighbours around us. Only sand and dust accompany the people working here! We are the first company to move into this part of the free zone (aka really really big industrial area). And that day, I heard from my colleague that there was a sandstorm just a day before we moved in!! Wtf man!! Haha.


My Cubicle. Btw, the chair sucks! Forces you to sit upright all the time. NB!!

Views from the new plant. They are building more around here but till now, only my company is in this part of the free zone. So even the cab drivers are not sure. That time I overheard my colleague giving directions to the cab driver. This is what he said, "South part of zone, near new foodcourt, near desert. " Haha.

The view from the car during journey back.

There was an atonishing thing I learned about Dubai recently. They have no residential postal services!! This explains why there is actually no proper address for my apartment!! Only companies have postboxes and postal codes. So, if anyone wants to send letters/parcels to someone in Dubai, it has to be send to his working address. And i was telling my flatmates about this and John (the french engineer) says that actually there are alot of countries that do not have postal services! So apparently, I am the country bumpkin here! Well, you always learn something new everyday. And you can probably imagine the look on the face of the customer service officer of the nearby mall when I asked her for the nearest post office earlier. She gave me a "WTF look" and smile before telling me that there is no residential postal service but there is stlill a post office that deals with overseas postal. But it will take ages, according to her. Haha.

Seems like for all the money that Dubai has and invested in real estates, they ignore services like this. Sighz.

No comments: